Foster Application Form
Saving Strays Animal Rescue is always pleased to hear from potential new fosterers who are able to care for and assess our new rescue cats/dogs on a temporary basis. Foster carers form an integral part of our team and play a huge part in helping us to rehabilitate and rehome cats/dogs in need whilst they are ‘between homes’.
By becoming a fosterer for Saving Strays Animal Rescue, you will be providing a temporary, loving home for a vulnerable cat/dog that is experiencing a period of transition in its life.
There are many reasons why, as a rescue, we need the valuable help of fosterers. Sadly, some of our adopted animals find themselves needing to be rehomed as their ‘forever home’ simply hasn’t worked out. Others may require socialisation, basic training or help with behaviour. It may be that there has been a change in family circumstances, or that the cat/dog needs a completely different environment.
Please think carefully about fostering for us. We are looking for fosterers who:
* Have experience in handling and caring for cats/dogs
* Are patient, caring and use positive reinforcement training techniques
* Are comfortable administering medication under the direction of a vet
* Are willing to take on a challenge and work with cats/dogs that may require specific training needs
* Will provide a safe environment, care, toys, appropriate exercise (dogs) and attend any necessary vet appointments
* Will assess the animal’s temperament and personality on an ongoing basis
* Agree to undergo a home check as part of the fostering process
* Agree to, and sign, a Foster Agreement
* Agree to keep in regular contact with our team, providing updates on behaviour, temperament, personality and progress
* Will contact the team immediately if there are any concerns
* Are committed to seeing the foster animal’s journey through to adoption
Saving Strays Animal Rescue will:
* Provide food, litter and supplies
* Provide continual advice and support
* Cover all veterinary costs incurred
* Find a forever home for the foster cat/dog when it is considered ready
Becoming a fosterer is a unique volunteer role and can be a valuable, rewarding experience. As a foster carer you will experience all the benefits of cat/dog ownership but without the long-term commitment, content in the knowledge that you have helped a cat/dog through a difficult time and enabled it to flourish, ready to take the next step in its life journey.
It can be hard work, but is so incredibly worth it!
We look forward to welcoming your application as a fosterer for Saving Strays Animal Rescue!
THANK YOU FROM THE SAVING STRAYS ANIMAL RESCUE TEAM!